In the lead up to Christmas I’m looking for gifts that are excellent for people and the environment. No more splurges on stuff people don’t need.
It seems that people are after experiences, time with other people or items that actually improve their lives.
You know how it is, you get a gift from that lovely auntie and then you feel guilty for not liking it (it’s to her taste, not yours) and then you hide it in a cupboard until she visits, then you display it when she visits and there ensues the cycle of guilt and clutter.
One life changing gift I received recently was a mattress from the lovely people at Leesa. Once unpacked and having it “breathe” I honestly enjoyed the best night’s sleep I’ve had in years! (and here’s someone else enjoying some shut eye)
I’d had a bit of trouble sleeping – the usual thinking too much before bed, looking at my phone, waking up exhausted, tossing and turning uncomfortably.
If the average night’s sleep is eight hours (ie one third of a day), you sleep for one third of your life. That’s enough to convince me that it’s worth investing in an excellent mattress.
I decided once I received my mattress that I was to begin a bedtime routine. Normally reserved for children, routines are forgotten as we get older. I mean, sure it’s exciting to stay up beyond midnight when you’re 10, but the fun subsides when you have a busy schedule starting early the next day.
Here’s my perfect bedtime routine:
- Shut down all devices/screens an hour before bedtime. (let’s say bedtime is 10, so begin to wind down at 9)
- Turn off all main lights in your home and pop the bedside ones on.
- Run a bath with salts and a few drops of lavender oil, put some soothing tracks on Spotify and light a candle. (I do this about 2 times a week to reset and relax my body)
- While your bath runs, take some time to organise your outfit and bag for the next day (might include packing your gym bag) – it makes mornings far simpler.
- Get into warm PJs and snuggle down to bed with a relaxing read.
- By now you’ll be yawning and your eyes will begin to close. Night night.
Having the Leesa mattress has changed the way I sleep, I now look forward to going to bed, rather than dreading not being able to get to sleep!
The mattress is made up of:
- Cooling Avena® Foam
The 5cm Avena® foam top layer provides airflow for a cooler night’s sleep and enough bounce for freedom of movement.
- Pressure Relieving Memory Foam
The 5cm memory foam layer delivers the body contouring and pressure relief you’ve come to expect from memory foam.
- Dense Core Support
The 15cm base foam layer adds strength, durability and structure to support sleepers of all sizes, without feeling too firm.
Leesa donates one mattress for every 10 they sell and have donated over 30,000 to date, there’s the feelgood factor right there! And there’s a 10 year warranty, so the mattress will be sure to last you 10 years or longer. It’s a risk-free purchase as you get 100 nights to decide if it’s right for you.
Fancy a discount? Head over to Leesa and use code ELIZABETHDANON to get £100 off.
So this Christmas, ask your loved ones what they would actually love, what would benefit their lives on a daily basis? Or treat yourself – a decent mattress is one of the best investments you’ll ever make.
Remember…one third of your life.