“Staging is preparing the home for sale so the buyer can mentally move in”
Barb Schwarz – president of the international association of home staging professionals
The more I speak to people about home staging, the more I realise just how many of us don’t know what it is or don’t know of it’s importance. I’m here to tell you that it’s an incredible way to sell your home quickly, beautifully and at your sale price! (or above in some cases!) Now that is undeniably awesome, right?!
Need more convincing that home staging is right for you? Take a look at some statistics:
- Home staging deeply affects buyer’s perspective: Over 95% of buyers agents say that home staging has had at least some effect on the buyer’s view of the home.
- When buyers can visualise the product as their home, an offer is made: Over 81% of buyers find it “easier to visualise the property as their future home” when it’s staged.
- Even a flawed home has hope when staging happens: Almost a third (28%) of buyers are more willing to “overlook property faults” when the home is staged.
- 12% of real estate agents believe that staging “increases the monetary value of the home” at least 11-20% more!
National association of realtors 2015 profile of home staging report
Reasons to stage:
- Your home will make money – A survey by Coldwell Banker Real Estate Corp found that staged homes spend half the time on the market than non-staged homes and sold for more than 6% above the asking price.
- Your house will sell faster – the national association of Realtors (NAR) found that the longer the home stays on the market, the further their price drops.
- Your online photos will stand out – same NAR survey found that 90% of potential buyers search online first.
- You will make your money back – the average staging investment is between 1-3% of the homes asking price, which generates a home staging ROI of 8-10%
- One staged homes spend 73% less time on the market, if staged before put on the market sold 79% faster than those staged some time after being listed.
- Home staged post listing on average sold in 198 days, homes staged prior to listing sold in 42 days.
- The longer your property is on the market, the longer you have the pay the mortgage and cannot move forward to your next home purchase.
Put off by the fact these stats are American? You shouldn’t be – home staging isn’t common in the UK, therefore you’ll be putting your property even further ahead of the competition on the housing market by making that extra effort with the appearance. A lot of homes are put up with messy interiors, loud colours and furnishing or are completely empty, making it almost impossible for buyers to imagine living there.
So are you thinking of selling your home or just fancy a refresh? I offer a completely free, no obligation 2 hour session where we find out more about your dreams for your home, whether it’s existing or in the future.
We may find that there are only a few small adjustments to make in the detail of your home and I will only suggest changes that are required.
As part of the service I will advise you on painting and decoration work that needs to be done and refer you to a trusted decorator. The very exciting part is that I will arm you with a style guide to take with you into your new home, you are also able to buy any of the items used in your home, direct from the supplier at a discounted price.
EDIT is leading the way for home staging in the UK, starting with Brighton and Hove. Want to be part of this movement or find out more about how we can dramatically change your home for the better? Email me with a short message about what your dream scenario would be at email@example.com . I can’t wait to hear from you!
For more information about home staging pop over here: Property Styling